Hi Everyone!! Welcome back 🙂
So It’s officially spring it doesn’t exactly feel like it in Upstate New York, but that’s not the topic at hand. This post however is about a Spring inspired make-up look. I want to give a review on my recently purchased Maybelline “Brights” palette.
I decided to do a daytime and a night time look with this palette to show you how versatile it can be.I will list at the bottom of the page all the products that I used for my face and brows.
1.First apply a base eye shadow color, this is also known as the transition color this will help the colors blend and flow into one another. This should be applied with a fluffy blending brush. I used “Uninterrupted by M.A.C” eye shadow.
2.Next I applied “Barely Nude” 24 hour color tattoo by Maybelline you can also use the lightest color in the palette to brighten up the eyelid. Use a small flat brush for this to lightly pack the shadow on.
3.Next apply the maroon color to the crease. Be careful not to place the color above the transition color. It should blend so that you can still see the transition color and the maroon color coming together.
4.Next add the dark purple to the outer corner. This is still a daytime look, so be sure not to make it too dark. Just enough to give it definition.
5.This last step is up to you I added mascara, blush, and a light pink lipstick to complete the look 🙂
1. Darken up the brows, this doesn’t mean make them jet black just add a little bit more product so the final look will be even throughout the face.
2. Add more of the dark purple to the outer corner of the eye. Make sure to sweep the color up to the transition shade so it continues to blend together to create a gradient effect (making the color go from light to dark). If needed add a little more of the transition shade to blend the two shaded together. Be careful not to cover up the other colors you already placed on the eye.
3. Instead of adding black eye liner to the bottom lash line, add the dark purple shadow it adds definition but keeps the look from getting to dark and smokey.
4. Add black eye liner to the top lash line. Now this is optional. I added the liner because (A). I love black eye liner and (B). I added fake lashes and it helps to make the strip of the lashes look more natural.
5. Vamp up the lipstick a little bit. I chose a deep purple lip with a light center. If you want to the focus to remain on the eyes then I would keep the lip light.
Here is a list of all the products I used:
M.A.C pre and prime natural radiance (primer),M.A.C studio fix nc 40 (foundation),M.A.C pro long wear concealer,Anastasia Beverly Hills brow duo,NYX eye shadow base primer,Haute and naught M.A.C mascara,NYX black liquid liner,Pink blush Forever 21,Brights palette Maybelline,Color tattoo barely nude Maybelline,Coy L.A.girl cosmegics lip paint, Sephora liquid lipstick 15, A short affair Wet-N-Wild lip stick (daytime look) Sephora liquid lipstick 15
I hope this was helpful, don’t forget to Like, Comment, and Subscribe!!! Until next time beauties…